about this blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Work Update

Hi all, not sure if I mentioned I am job hunting. Its been a strange affair, on the one hand I had advice on both sides of trusting God for debt to be freed if no job coming after a long period & others working debt off first...And a week of fasting led to me receiving money for debt unexpectedly, yet still had such a huge mountain to face decided to trust for jan 2011 to go back to missions, God in his humour let me do missions in Jan 2011, a one week outreach team coming to Kuils River (will give update bout that another time)... However still needed to work. Which was scary too because I wasn't sure if I'm not trusting God enough and going back after having come alive in missions.

So job hunting began and it wasn't easy.Also this was new, before I used to be unemployed shortly because of my references, yet now I'd have this opportunity, and then on the day cancelled... Then applied for 2 jobs in my field - Information Technology... Only because after a few months for working for my dad in wages in admin, realised, only way going to get out of debt is if had a good wellpaying admin job, or if get a job in my field. Finally had 2 interviews, both went exceptionally well. First one the secretery sneaked in while boss taking a phone call saying if I don't get the job I applied for she wants my CV for another...And the interview went so well. The second interview, the guy interview was so impressed, he felt a new role needs to be created for me at most(and will speak to big boss if they can do it) or at least the job I applied for it.... After both interviews despite all the promises,etc.etc... I did not get both jobs.

One Sunday in church we were challenged to praise, shout,clap to God for 60 seconds.... In the end it extended to 5minutes, and there was such freedom and joy, it was amazing. The pastor said afterwards in 5 min u can ruin your life, but in 5 min you can change your life!!! just 5 min. That day, my aunt came and told me about this opportunity that is in the pipelines and she'll get back to me and now it's about 2 months later and wala...Today I did my first training at a school in Paarl. Basically it is still on a project basis,so am being paid per school I trained...However my aunt may be starting her own business & then will be employing me...So again at best I have ajob for a season that I actually love, am challenged in, get to meet and interact with people and give back to my community & connect with God alot cause God knows there's no getting bored when working with people, my prayer levels have shot thru the roof :)

at worst after my ten schools I have cut my credit card debt by 60-80% (substantially!)

So thats where it's at. Of course I still desire to be in missions, but I know that my calling in life is to follow God and in this season this is where I'm supposed to be and God is teaching me through the work, through the structure, Please do keep me in prayer as I work closely with people of different religions and backgrounds. Pray that I will be the fragrance of Christ to those around me, pray that I will be mindful of where i am and what I'm doing & also that I will grow in structure, diligence, order, etc.

This is just a tiny update, I have left out emotional, financial, spiritual updates, but thought esp.for those wondering this was necessary :)

Hope you are all well too. Please keep me up 2 date too. I may be extrovert and say too much, but it doesnt mean I don't want to know what is happening in your lives and how i can pray for u.

Let me leave you with one spiritual nugget. Even saying the above some huge challenges have occured in my life I have semi lost important to me relationships, been hurt, and at the weirdest of times... So it's not all hunky dory BUT, I'm learning that my Father never leaves me. Even when all is not right. In Psalm 139 it says where can I go from your spirit? Where can I flee from your presence... Even the darkness will not be dark to you,the night will shine like the day,for darkness is as light to you. What this means to me is that even when I'm going through my darkest moments, difficult times, sinful times, struggling times, depression times, even in those moments you felt without God, or God wouldnt come to you in that, even there, he saw you, he knew you, he didnt leave you, he was with you. Doesnt make the sin or situation right? Doesn't mean you're through the woods, but it does mean YOU ARE NOT ALONE. He has not left you nor forsaken you. And if you can get that, it makes all the difference...Firstly you will find your hope and strength in him,secondly if the situation is your fault, you can begin to get answers to make it right From Him. He cares...EVEN if no one else!

Also I've been pondering Who is God to you? Who is God to me? What is God. When you hear God what do you think. I mean what do you really, really think of God? Why am I asking this...Cause when you think/sing, read, Be Still and Know that I am God... I think who that God is makes a big difference... If I know he is GOD (and what that really means) I can/will be still and know...I will have peace. I will surrender the situation. Because HE IS GOD!!!

Thank you all for your support in being on this group. Let me know how I can be a blessing. Sorry I'm not always the best of human beings, but if I can somehow and if God also leads me, I try and be a blessing and a bit better than I am.(there are also days that I'm a bit worse, but thats' ok)...

Well Keep Well All
Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment